Wednesday 16 July 2014

Back at Bretagne

A year on from what was my very first UCI race and only my second ever stage race, I'm back in France for the Tour de Bretagne Feminin. Such a contrast in emotions to last year!! I'm excited, but also a wee bit nervous although I like a bit of nerves as part of my race prep. Last year though I was just super nervous full stop!!!  So this year I'm guesting for Epic-Scott WRT. Need to say a big big thank you to the team for the opportunity to race here again, thanks guys!! 

When I started writing this post I realised that it's been ages since my last one!! Almost 3 months I think...and I think to say those 3 months have been a complete rollercoaster sums it up best! To recap really quickly I've raced Energiewacht Tour and Omloop van Borsele in Holland, Dwars door de Westhoek and Trofee Maarten Wynants in Belgium, the Scottish and British National Road Races and Surf and Turf and Curlew Cup in the British Women's National Series. Lots and lots of travelling but it's been a blast! So I guess the racing and fun times that come along with that encapsulates the highs. I've learnt loads, had some good performances and some not so good ones but above all else just been loving riding my bike! There has been one very significant low though...Not being selected for Team Scotland for the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. To say I'm absolutely gutted is an understatement and I don't think this hurt will ever totally go away. Now isn't the time to blog about this though, maybe one day...

So back to France and today is the 2.3 km prologue. Short and sharp to kick off the racing before the first road stage tomorrow of 120km. At the moment I think the sun god is being kind as it's not as scorching hot as last year! Just a nice temperature to have a wee team spin before we set off for the prologue start. 

Thanks to Ali for the frame number holder, it's first outing! :)


Will try to update during the week and not be such a stranger to this blog as I've been!

Thanks for reading and catch you soon,

Jools. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jools. Delighted to read your blog again and wishing you safety and success in the Tour! Barry & Anne X X

    ReplyDelete